Clubs & Organizations
Do what you love. Learn something new. Support a favorite cause. At Scripps, you can do all of these through extracurricular clubs and organizations. Being involved in clubs helps you grow as a person, develop friendships, and most importantly, enjoy yourself.
Through Scripps and the 5Cs, you can choose from more than 200 clubs and activities to practice your passion, or find a new one. In addition, Scripps houses The Motley Coffeehouse and Scripps Store, small businesses operated entirely by Scripps students. These thriving enterprises serve students at all five colleges and members of the greater Claremont community.
Scripps Clubs and Organizations
More detailed descriptions of some Scripps clubs are available here.
Popular 5C Activities
- Becoming a KSPC radio DJ
- Dancing for the Claremont Colleges Ballroom Dance Company (six-time national collegiate champions)
- Serenading around town with Mariachi Serrano de Claremont
- Playing 5C pick-up basketball games
- Joining Without a Box, the 5C improv comedy troupe
- Singing with a cappella groups The Claremont Shades and The After School Specials
- Going on backpacking trips with Outdoor Women’s Leaders (OWL) and On The Loose, our 5C outdoor clubs
- Joining the Claremont College Debate Union
- Attending music festivals at Pitzer: Kohoutek, Reggae Music Festival, Rockability Music Festival
- Learning Capoeira through the Grupo de Capoeira Claremont